Connect with us

VIDEO: Kevin Keatts hits home run in opening presser

NC State Basketball

VIDEO: Kevin Keatts hits home run in opening presser

Any questions about Kevin Keatts have likely been answered. The former UNCW coach gave what was easily the best opening press conference in recent NC State history. He spoke with no fear and didn’t shy away from his track record of winning and the fact that he wants national championships at NC State. Either this guy is exactly the right hire, or he studied NC State fans and delivered the exact speech they wanted to hear. This is a must watch. (video below links to GoPack)

KEattspresser

Continue Reading

PackInsider.com is an independently run content site that exclusively covers NC State basketball and football. Started in late 2007 by two former students with the goal of integrating the latest in web content delivery into a Wolfpack sports site, free of charge to the user.

13 Comments

13 Comments

1. Wolfer96

March 19, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Was just watching the player interviews and what they said was pretty damning of Gottfried. You get this picture that there was no real culture and no discipline (which the average fan could see clearly). It’s like the saying, “a kid needs his dad to be a dad more than a friend.” I feel like Gottfried tried to be too much of a players coach and he lost their respect at some point.

• Wormncsu

March 20, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Where did you see the player interviews I would be interested in seeing them.

• Wolfer96

March 21, 2017 at 2:08 am

do a search on wral sports fan

2. wolfpack74

March 19, 2017 at 10:11 pm

BFD. He speaks well. BFD.

• Wolfer96

March 19, 2017 at 10:43 pm

Come on now, it’s somewhat of a deal. Have you ever heard coach Lutz speak? I mean I think he’s a really good coach but when he opens his mouth recruits will start running the other way unless they happen to be from the Appalachian.

And don’t forget about one of the best orators in State history… Jimmy V. He convinced the 83 team that they could beat Phi Slamma Jamma.

• wolfpack74

March 20, 2017 at 12:05 am

As you know my pick was Pearl. Go orator. Let’s just wait and see what this guy does before we get head over heels in love with this guy. Sure hope he does well. To Sundrip Sniffer, I have never been on PP.

• Wolfer96

March 20, 2017 at 4:10 am

I was on the Holtmann boat but like you I will take a wait and see approach. It’s a better hire than Lowe for sure. Keatts has higher potential upside than Gottfried. When we hired Gottfried he had a long resume so the upside was lower but he was more predictable.

• Sundrop Drinker

March 19, 2017 at 11:11 pm

Just shut up and go away. Only thing you ever do is complain. Go back to PP.

• Wolfer96

March 19, 2017 at 11:27 pm

No need to make it personal. It’s actually healthy to have differing opinions.

• Sundrop Drinker

March 23, 2017 at 1:16 am

He didn’t offer a different opinion, which is the problem. All he did was say Butch F Davis, and on an article on the main page.

• wolfpack74

March 25, 2017 at 12:57 am

I did offer a different opinion. My opinion is if we wanted an orator, pick a poet. If you want to win basketball games, we will have to wait and see if his words translates into wins. On the other forum, many were saying that these words were nearly identical to Sidney’s. See what we got that time.

3. Wolfer96

March 19, 2017 at 10:01 pm

He said all the right things during the presser. He spoke on the legacy of NC State basketball and sympathized with the fans. He definitely appears to have some charm and charisma which a good recruiter always needs. I wish him the best of luck. In all honesty he was not my top choice but I hope he surprises all of the fans.

4. Wolfer96

March 19, 2017 at 9:55 pm

One of the things I’m hoping for is that he is a great player evaluator. Not all 4-5 star players are created equal. I thought one of Gott’s problems was that he recruited by star level and not by coachability or fit with team.