If you want to watch NC State head coach Dave Doeren’s weekly press conference in full form, you can do so here, but if your just looking for the main points, look no further.
- Being in the Top 20 shows we’ve put ourselves in a great place, but doesn’t mean satisfied. Still focused on where they want to go.
- Impressed with Finley’s throws under pressure. Great pass rolling out of the pocket to Steph. Wanted to see improvement on pocket awareness, and they have.
- Impressed with how Jakobi Meyers has grown up. Ran all the way down the field to block for Jaylen Samuels, and knocked a guy over later in the game blocking for him again on a bubble screen.
- He’s ecstatic about the play of the O-Line. Thinks they’ve matured under coach Dwayne Ledford. They don’t play anyone up front that is better than who they practice against.
- Darian Roseboro’s father passed away. The team will wear his initials, JR, on their helmets against Pitt.
- Riley Nicholson has retired from playing college football. Suffered a concussion on opening kickoff against South Carolina, and it was his second since beginning to play at NC State. Had a few in high school as well. Will be a student-coach.
- Reserve LB Brock Miller will have surgery on his shoulder, and will miss the rest of the season.
- Pitt’s D – A lot of 6-man pressure & press coverage on the outside.
- Pitt all-purpose back Quadree Henderson is the best punt returner they’ve faced all year. They use him schematically.