The 3rd update is out for the 2018-19 Directors’ Cup Standings, and NC State stayed put at #14 after the conclusion of Men and Women’s Basketball.
Once again, the Women’s Basketball team finished 9th, picking up 64 points. Unfortunately, the Men basketball team picked up 0 points this year. Last year, the boys finished 33rd, and picked up 25 points.
The Men’s team finished in 4th place with 80 points once again this year, but the Women’s team stepped it up a notch this year. Last year the ladies finished in 18th place with 56 points. This year they finished in 7th place with 72 points.
The Wrestling team took a slight step back this year, but still picked up points. Last year they finished in 4th place with 77.5 points. This year they finished in 17th place with 57 points.
This year, neither Men’s or Women’s Indoor Track & Field teams picked up any points. Last year, the Men’s team finished in 45th place with 26 points.
Gymnastics is the one sport remaining to be added to the Winter standings.
Last year, NC State finished the Winter standings ranked 5th.
Clemson 81 NC State 70: OUR TAKE
NC State Head Coach Kevin Keatts said that his team didn’t “play great” against Clemson this afternoon, in their 81-70 loss to the Tigers.
That was an understatement.
Sometimes I wish a coach would come out and say the truth
The Wolfpack played terrible down in South Carolina.
Clemson outshot NC State in every category.
Clemson – 46.9/32.1/83.9
NC State – 44.1/23.8/68.4
The Tigers out rebounded the Wolfpack by 4. They had more second chance points (+2) and more points off turnovers (+6).
Clemson shot 12 more free throws.
They shared the ball better, netting 5 more assists.
The stats weren’t in their favor to walk away with the victory, but maybe what was most disappointing was the overall lack of effort.
Senior Markell Johnson still hasn’t figured out how to play consistent basketball, in production or effort, and we are half way through year 4.
The coaches ability to adjust has to be called into question after today’s performance. Clemson abused the Wolfpack with backdoor cuts and slipping screens for 40 straight minutes. Also, I’m all for aggressive defense, but failing to put the hand in the face of wide open three-point shooters is inexcusable.
NC State was without Redshirt Senior Guard C.J. Bryce, who leads the team in scoring and rebounding. Obviously, his presence was missed, and the game could have been different with him on the court.
This loss doesn’t ruin a season, and obviously the team can rebound from it, but the deja vu of losses like these become exhausting.
Clemson 81 NC State 70: ACCDN HIGHLIGHT REEL & CONDENSED GAME
NC State fell to 10-4 today, losing to Clemson 81-70 on the road. The ACC Digital Network’s Highlight Reel and Condensed Game is below.
Clemson 81 NC State 70: BOX SCORE
NC State is a 2-Point Favorite at Clemson
NC State Men’s Basketball team will hit the road today, playing at Clemson today at Noon, and the Wolfpack will hit the court as 2-point favorites. The Total is currently 136.5.
The Wolfpack is 7-5-1 Against the Spread on the year, and Clemson is 7-6. NC State is 10-2 as the favorite, and Clemson is 1-3 as the Underdog. The Wolfpack are 3-0 Against the Spread on the road, and the Tigers are 5-4 Against the Spread at home.
For both teams, the Total has gone Under in 7 of their 13 games.
- North Carolina State are 4-1-1 Against The Spread in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of North Carolina State’s last 6 games.
- North Carolina State are 7-0 Against The Spread in their last 7 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of North Carolina State’s last 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of North Carolina State’s last 5 games played in January.
- Clemson are 1-5 Against The Spread in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Clemson’s last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Clemson’s last 6 games against North Carolina State.
- Clemson are 1-4 Against The Spread in their last 5 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Clemson’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference.
- Clemson are 5-1 Against The Spread in their last 6 games played on a Saturday. (OddShark)