With the commitment of Lehigh Graduate Transfer Pat Andree last night, and the exodus of Wyatt Walker, NC State technically has 12 of their 13 scholarships filled for the 2019-20 Men’s Basketball season.
1-Year of Eligibility Left
- Senior Point Guard Markell Johnson
- Redshirt Senior Guard CJ Bryce
- Graduate Senior Power Forward Pat Andree
2-Years of Eligibility Left
- Junior Guard Braxton Beverly
- Junior Point Guard Blake Harris
- Redshirt Junior Guard Devon Daniels
- Redshirt Junior Forward DJ Funderburk
- Redshirt Sophomore Guard Thomas Allen (Transferred from Nebraska. Has to sit out a year due to transfer rules)
3-Years of Eligibility Left
- Sophomore Forward Jericole Hellems
4-Years of Eligibility Left
- Redshirt Freshman Forward Manny Bates
- Freshman Guard Dereon Seabron
- Freshman Guard Jalen Lecque
- Next years team will have much more continuity heading into the season than this past season. Last year NC State only returned 3 players. Next year the Wolfpack currently has 8 players returning, barring anyone leaving.
- Senior Point Guard Markell Johnson and incoming Freshman Point Guard Jalen Lecque are both going through the NBA Draft process to evaluate their options, but have until May 29th to make their decision.
- News broke that Graduate Wyatt Walker wouldn’t return for his final season of college eligibility today. Forward Ian Steere transferred after 1 game, and Forward Sacha Killeya-Jones left the team to pursue his professional career.
- While there is 1 scholarship open at this point, if Johnson or Lecque go pro, or anyone else leaves, more spots could open up. Valparaiso Graduate Transfer Derrik Smits is taking an Official Visit to NC State, and it looks like Charleston Southern Graduate Transfer Christian Keeling will be taking a visit as well.