- I’m going to enjoy the win tonight.
- You guys can talk about that one.
Wolfpack head football coach Dave Doeren met with the media after NC State’s 45-23 victory over Wake Forest last night. You can watch it here, or check out the BULLETED breakdown below.
- Super proud of the resiliency of our team.
- Kept fighting and had a lot of fun tonight.
- We were physical.
- Started fast in the 1st quarter, started fast in the third and then had to overcome some adversity.
- Rushing the football the way we did was a major point of emphasis for Coach Beck, Coach Garrison and the whole offense.
- The kids took pride in that. Helps us tremendously, just attitude wise in what we want to do.
- Other than the 1 interception, which was a big play for them, we took care of the football.
- Disappointed in some of the penalties we had.
- Credit goes to Wake.
- Battled back and played hard.
- They’ve got some good players on that football team.
- Ricky Person had 2 touchdowns and threw a touchdown.
- Bailey Hockman did some really good things.
- On defense, there’s a lot of stuff where we’ve got to get better.
- Gave up the edges a bunch and that wasn’t by design.
- Proud of the way we finished the game.
- Back-to-back 4th-down stops,
- Pass rush didn’t get tired, it only got better.
- Coverage didn’t get tired, it only got better.
- There’s a lot to work on, but we’ll take the W. It’s great to be 1-0, and I look forward to celebrating that tonight.
Hockman instead of Leary
- Somewhere in the middle of the 8-day break, Devin Leary had to quarantine.
- Ended up being gone for almost 20 days.
- Came back as our starter, but just was not there.
- Had some rust.
- Really was just kind of a victim of circumstance, to be honest.
- Tried to get him back for the game, but it just didn’t feel like he was sharp enough.
- We weren’t putting him in the best place to be out there as the starter.
- Hopefully we’ll get him back to where he needs to be because he was having a really good camp prior to that.
- I feel really bad for him.
Payton Wilson Injury?
- He plays so hard. He plays his heart out.
- I think he was dehydrated.
- Nothing serious.
- Tried to IV him at halftime, and he just was lightheaded.
- He kept wanting to go back in, then 2 plays later he’s out.
- So, we just pulled him.
- Trainers said he just didn’t have enough juice left.
- He had a touchdown-saving tackle on punt coverage, too.
- Gives you everything he’s got.
- He loves the game. He loves his team, and we love him. He’s a great young man. He’s going to keep getting better.
Rotating Running Backs
- Causes problems for defenses because they have different styles when they run the football.
- Hitting holes in different ways.
- Different vision
- See things a little different.
- Keeping them fresh is going to keep them healthy longer.
- Bailey ran the ball well, too.
- 30 yards rushing.
On QB Competition Between Leary & Hockman