Every Offensive Lineman loves a pancake block (as well as knockdowns), but they go even better with syrup.
Offensive Line Coach John Garrison gives out bottles of syrup for every “pancake block” a player records that week. You don’t have to be an O-Lineman to snag a bottle of syrup. You just have to put someone on their back.
Here’s a look at the Pancake and Knockdown leaders on the NC State Offensive Line in 2020.
- Sophomore Left Guard Ikem Ekwonu – 21
- Redshirt Junior Center Grant Gibson – 7
- Graduate Right Guard Joe Sculthorpe – 6
- Redshirt Junior Guard Bryson Speas – 5
- Redshirt Senior Right Tackle Justin Witt – 5
- Graduate Left Tackle Tyrone Riley – 3
- Redshirt Freshman Dylan McMahon – 2
- Graduate Right Guard Joe Sculthorpe – 4
- Sophomore Left Guard Ikem Ekwonu – 3
- Redshirt Senior Right Tackle Justin Witt – 2