NC State and Learfield are back with another season of ‘ONE’, a docuseries that airs weekly, taking you behind the scenes of the Wolfpack’s season. Head into the locker room for the pep talks and get insight right from the player’s mouths.
In episode 1 (of season 5) Tanner Ingle is mic’d up, and Coach Doeren is looking to get his team ready for their season opener vs South Florida.
NC State’s Kevin Concepcion Earns Week 4 ACC Rookie of the Week Honors
NC State True Freshman Kevin Concepcion earned Week 4 ACC Rookie of the Week honors for his performance against UVA.
ROOKIE – Kevin Concepcion, NC State, WR, Charlotte, N.C.
Concepcion totaled 116 receiving yards on six catches in NC State’s 24-21 road victory over Virginia in the two teams’ ACC opener. The true freshman wideout averaged 19.3 yards per catch and scored two touchdowns, including a 48-yard catch and run. The first true freshman receiver to start the first four games of the season for the Wolfpack since 2014 (Bo Hines), Concepcion has accounted for 27 percent of the Wolfpack’s receptions this season. (TheACC)
NC State is a 3-Point Underdog vs. Louisville
NC State is currently a 3-point underdog heading into their Friday night matchup against Louisville, and the Total is sitting at 55.
- Louisville is 2-2 Against the Spread
- NC State is 0-4 Against the Spread
- The Total has gone Over in 3 of Louisville’s 4 games.
- The Total has gone Under in 3 of NC State’s 4 games.
- The Total has gone Under in 4 of the last 5 games between these two teams.
- The Cardinals have won 6 of the last 10 straight Up against the Wolfpack.
- In those 10 matchups, NC State has beat the Spread 5 times.
- Louisville is 6-1 Straight Up in their last 7 games against ACC opponents.
- NC State is 2-8 Against the Spread against ACC opponents in their last 10 games.
- NC State has been the underdog against Louisville in 3 of the last 5 games.
NC State’s Highest & Lowest Graded Defensive Players vs. UVA
Here’s a look at which NC State Defensive players graded out the best and worst according to ProFootballFocus against UVA last night.
LB Payton Wilson – 83.4
DE Davin Vann – 74.7
S Bishop Fitzgerald – 73.7
DE Savion Jackson – 73.5
LB Caden Fordham – 63.1
DE Noah Potter – 45.7
CB Shyheim Battle – 48.0
LB Jaylon Scott – 55.2
DE Red Hibbler – 56.3
S Cecil Powell – 56.7
- Payton Wilson has now graded out at 80+ for 2 straight games, which he has never done in his career.
- He has been in the Top 5 in 3 of the first 4 games.
- He had the highest run defense grade: 90.4.
- He also had the highest grade in pass rush: 72.8.
- Davin Vann has been in the Top 5 in all 4 games in 2023.
- Bishop Fitzgerald has been in the Top 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- He had the highest grade in pass coverage: 77.5.
- Caden Fordham has been in the Top 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- Noah Potter has been in the Bottom 5 in 3 of the first 4 games.
- It’s his 2nd time posting the worst grade.
- Shyheim Battle has been in the Bottom 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- He did have the highest tackling grade: 81.1.
- Jaylon Scott has been in the Bottom 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- Red Hibbler has been in the Bottom 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- Safety Sean Brown had the lowest grader in coverage: 41.9.
- Noah Potter, Davin Vann and CJ Clark had the worst tackling grades: 18.4, 23.1, 26.3.
NC State’s Highest & Lowest Graded Offensive Players vs. UVA
Here’s a look at which NC State Offensive players graded out the best and worst according to ProFootballFocus against UVA last night.
IWR Kevin Concepcion – 80.9 – career high
QB Brennan Armstrong – 72.3
C Lyndon Cooper – 66.0
LT Anthony Belton – 64.6
WR Bradley Rozner – 63.9
IWR Juice Vereen – 41.7 – career low
WR Keyon Lesane – 53.1
WR Julian Gray – 54.2 – 2nd lowest of career
TE Trent Pennix – 54.5
RB Michael Allen – 56.0
- Concepcion caught 6 passes for 116 yards and 2 touchdowns, and was targeted a team high 10 times.
- Brennan Armstrong has graded out in the Top-5 in 3 of the first 4 games.
- He posted a rushing grade of 77.5, which was tops on the team, and his best since Week 9 of the 2021 season.
- Juice Vereen has been the lowest graded player on the team two weeks in a row.
- Anthony Belton has been in the Top-5 in 3 of the first 4 games.
- Julian Gray has been in the Bottom 5 in 2 of the firsts 4 games.
- Anthony Belton had the highest pass block grade: 83.7.
- RB Michael Allen has to improve at pass protection. His pass protection grade was 31.6.
- Give Julian Gray credit…he had the highest run blocking grade on the team in 22 snaps: 74.3