ProFootballFocus released their 2022 Preseason All-ACC teams this week, and 7 NC State players were honored.
QB: Sam Hartman, Wake Forest
RB: Sean Tucker, Syracuse
RB: Treshaun Ward, Florida State
WR: Josh Downs, North Carolina
WR: Keytaon Thompson, Virginia
WR: Dontayvion Wicks, Virginia
TE: Marshon Ford, Louisville
OT: Jordan McFadden, Clemson
OT: Zion Nelson, Miami
G: Caleb Chandler, Louisville
G: Christian Mahogany, Boston College*
C: Grant Gibson, North Carolina State
DI: Bryan Bresee, Clemson
DI: Calijah Kancey, Pittsburgh
Edge: Myles Murphy, Clemson
Edge: Xavier Thomas, Clemson
LB: Trenton Simpson, Clemson
LB: Drake Thomas, North Carolina State
CB: Tyrique Stevenson, Miami (FL)
CB: Storm Duck, North Carolina
S: Andrew Mukuba, Clemson
S: James Williams, Miami (FL)
Flex D: Tyler Baker-Williams, North Carolina State
K: B.T. Potter, Clemson
P: Ivan Mora, Wake Forest
KR/PR: Jaylen Stinson, Duke
QB: Brennan Armstrong, Virginia
RB: Will Shipley, Clemson
RB: Tiyon Evans, Louisville
WR: AT Perry, Wake Forest
WR: Zay Flowers, Boston College
WR: Konata Mumpfield, Pittsburgh
TE: Gavin Bartholomew, Pittsburgh
OT: DJ Scaife Jr., Miami (FL)
OT: Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse
G: Dillan Gibbons, Florida State
G: Jake Kradel, Pittsburgh
C: Johnny Jordan, Virginia Tech
DI: Robert Cooper, Florida State
DI: Jermayne Lole, Louisville
Edge: Habakkuk Baldonado, Pittsburgh
Edge: Rondell Bothroyd, Wake Forest
LB: Mikel Jones, Syracuse
LB: Charlie Thomas, Georgia Tech
CB: Shyheim Battle, North Carolina State
CB: Duce Chestnut, Syracuse
S: Jammie Robinson, Florida State
S: Jaiden Woodbey, Boston College
Flex D: Josh DeBerry, Boston College
K: Andres Borregales, Miami (FL)
P: Lou Hedley, Miami (FL)
KR/PR: Trebor Pena, Syracuse
QB: Kedon Slovis, Pittsburgh
RB: Kobe Pace, Clemson
RB: Dontae Smith, Georgia Tech
WR: Jalon Calhoun, Duke
WR: Billy Kemp IV, Virginia
WR: Joe Ngata, Clemson
TE: Will Mallory, Miami (FL)
OT: Carter Warren, Pittsburgh
OT: Trevor Reid, Louisville
G: Kaden Moore, Virginia Tech
G: Adonis Boone, Louisville
C: Will Putnam, Clemson
DI: Corey Durden, North Carolina State
DI: Jared Harrison-Hunte, Miami (FL)
Edge: YaYa Diaby, Louisville
Edge: Yasir Abdullah, Louisville
LB: Stefon Thompson, Syracuse
LB: Nick Jackson, Virginia
CB: Tony Grimes, North Carolina
CB: Caelen Carson, Wake Forest
S: Akeem Dent, Florida State
S: Brandon Hill, Pittsburgh
Flex D: Kenderick Duncan, Louisville
K: Connor Lytton, Boston College
P: Porter Wilson, Duke
KR/PR: Taylor Morin, Wake Forest
QB: Tyler Van Dyke, Miami (FL)
RB: Pat Garwo III, Boston College
RB: British Brooks, North Carolina
WR: Taylor Morin, Wake Forest
WR: Jared Wayne, Pittsburgh
WR: Thayer Thomas, North Carolina State
TE: Kamari Morales, North Carolina
OT: Renato Brown, Louisville
OT: Andre Harris Jr., Duke
G: Jacob Monk, Duke
G: Marcus Minor, Pittsburgh
C: Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
DI: Tyler Davis, Clemson
DI: Leonard Taylor, Miami (FL)
Edge: Marcus Valdez, Boston College
Edge: Keion White, Georgia Tech
LB: Tatum Bethune, Florida State
LB: Amari Gainer, Florida State
CB: Kai’Trel Clark, Louisville
CB: Garrett Williams, Syracuse
S: RJ Mickens, Clemson
S: Kamren Kinchens, Miami (FL)
Flex D: Elijah Jones, Boston College
K: Christopher Dunn, North Carolina State
P: Alex Mastromanno, Florida State
NC State’s Depth Chart vs. Louisville (with Notes)
NC State has released their Depth Chart for their matchup against Louisville this Friday night.
- Starting Center Dylan McMahon isn’t listed on the Depth Chart. Wolfpack head coach Dave Doeren said that McMahon is still “day-to-day.”
- As a result, Lyndon Cooper will be starting at Center once again.
- Starting Strong Safety Devan Boykin had to leave the game almost immediately last Friday night up at UVA. He is not listed on the Depth Chart, but thankfully, it doesn’t seem like something major. According to Doeren, it’s not very likely that Boykin will be able to play Friday, but it hasn’t been completely ruled out.
- As a result, Bishop Fitzgerald will be starting at Strong Safety.
- The Depth Chart for the Running Backs is a hoot. While Michael Allen is listed at the top, there is an “or” in between everyone’s name, treating everyone as if they are starters.
- Last week, Cecil Powell was listed as the third string Nickel, but Doeren said after the UVA game that he had been serving as Boykin’s backup at Strong Safety that week in practice. Both went out of the game due to injuries.
- This weeks depth chart reflects the fact that he’d been getting run at Strong Safety last week. He’s listed as Bishop Fitzgerald’s backup at SS.
- Last week Rakeim Ashford was listed as the backup at Strong Safety, and now he is listed as the backup at Free Safety.
NC State’s Kevin Concepcion Earns Week 4 ACC Rookie of the Week Honors
NC State True Freshman Kevin Concepcion earned Week 4 ACC Rookie of the Week honors for his performance against UVA.
ROOKIE – Kevin Concepcion, NC State, WR, Charlotte, N.C.
Concepcion totaled 116 receiving yards on six catches in NC State’s 24-21 road victory over Virginia in the two teams’ ACC opener. The true freshman wideout averaged 19.3 yards per catch and scored two touchdowns, including a 48-yard catch and run. The first true freshman receiver to start the first four games of the season for the Wolfpack since 2014 (Bo Hines), Concepcion has accounted for 27 percent of the Wolfpack’s receptions this season. (TheACC)
NC State is a 3-Point Underdog vs. Louisville
NC State is currently a 3-point underdog heading into their Friday night matchup against Louisville, and the Total is sitting at 55.
- Louisville is 2-2 Against the Spread
- NC State is 0-4 Against the Spread
- The Total has gone Over in 3 of Louisville’s 4 games.
- The Total has gone Under in 3 of NC State’s 4 games.
- The Total has gone Under in 4 of the last 5 games between these two teams.
- The Cardinals have won 6 of the last 10 straight Up against the Wolfpack.
- In those 10 matchups, NC State has beat the Spread 5 times.
- Louisville is 6-1 Straight Up in their last 7 games against ACC opponents.
- NC State is 2-8 Against the Spread against ACC opponents in their last 10 games.
- NC State has been the underdog against Louisville in 3 of the last 5 games.
NC State’s Highest & Lowest Graded Defensive Players vs. UVA
Here’s a look at which NC State Defensive players graded out the best and worst according to ProFootballFocus against UVA last night.
LB Payton Wilson – 83.4
DE Davin Vann – 74.7
S Bishop Fitzgerald – 73.7
DE Savion Jackson – 73.5
LB Caden Fordham – 63.1
DE Noah Potter – 45.7
CB Shyheim Battle – 48.0
LB Jaylon Scott – 55.2
DE Red Hibbler – 56.3
S Cecil Powell – 56.7
- Payton Wilson has now graded out at 80+ for 2 straight games, which he has never done in his career.
- He has been in the Top 5 in 3 of the first 4 games.
- He had the highest run defense grade: 90.4.
- He also had the highest grade in pass rush: 72.8.
- Davin Vann has been in the Top 5 in all 4 games in 2023.
- Bishop Fitzgerald has been in the Top 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- He had the highest grade in pass coverage: 77.5.
- Caden Fordham has been in the Top 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- Noah Potter has been in the Bottom 5 in 3 of the first 4 games.
- It’s his 2nd time posting the worst grade.
- Shyheim Battle has been in the Bottom 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- He did have the highest tackling grade: 81.1.
- Jaylon Scott has been in the Bottom 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- Red Hibbler has been in the Bottom 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- Safety Sean Brown had the lowest grader in coverage: 41.9.
- Noah Potter, Davin Vann and CJ Clark had the worst tackling grades: 18.4, 23.1, 26.3.