NC State’s Football Regular Season has come to an end, and the Wolfpack await their bowl destination. While we wait, here’s a breakdown of how the NC State Defensive players grades at the end of the regular season according to ProFootballFocus.
Defensive Players (75+ Snaps)
Junior Linebacker Drake Thomas – 81.6
Senior Linebacker Isaiah Moore – 80.4
Sophomore Cornerback Aydan White – 79.8
Sophomore Nose Tackle Joshua Harris – 77.9
Senior Nickel Tyler Baker-Williams – 77.8
Sophomore Defensive End Davin Vann – 76.2
Senior Safety Cyrus Fagan – 74.9
Sophomore Linebacker Devon Betty – 73.0
Junior Defensive End Savion Jackson – 71.5
Junior Safety Jakeen Harris – 69.8
Junior Linebacker Payton Wilson – 68.6
Sophomore Nickel Devan Boykin – 68.4
Sophomore Cornerback Shyheim Battle – 68.1
Senior Safety Tanner Ingle – 68.1
Senior Nose Tackle Cory Durden – 66.6
Freshman Defensive End Travli Price – 66.5
Junior Linebacker Jaylon Scott – 61.6
Senior Cornerback Derek Pitts – 53.2
Sophomore Defensive End CJ Clark – 52.5
Aydan White is the 5th highest graded Cornerback in the ACC. Tyler Baker-Williams ranks 7th.
Drake Thomas is the 4th highest graded Linebacker in the ACC. Isaiah Moore ranks 6th.
Cyrus Fagan is the 7th highest graded Safety in the ACC.
Joshua Harris is the 7th highest graded Interior Defensive Lineman.
NC State’s Depth Chart vs. Louisville (with Notes)
NC State has released their Depth Chart for their matchup against Louisville this Friday night.
- Starting Center Dylan McMahon isn’t listed on the Depth Chart. Wolfpack head coach Dave Doeren said that McMahon is still “day-to-day.”
- As a result, Lyndon Cooper will be starting at Center once again.
- Starting Strong Safety Devan Boykin had to leave the game almost immediately last Friday night up at UVA. He is not listed on the Depth Chart, but thankfully, it doesn’t seem like something major. According to Doeren, it’s not very likely that Boykin will be able to play Friday, but it hasn’t been completely ruled out.
- As a result, Bishop Fitzgerald will be starting at Strong Safety.
- The Depth Chart for the Running Backs is a hoot. While Michael Allen is listed at the top, there is an “or” in between everyone’s name, treating everyone as if they are starters.
- Last week, Cecil Powell was listed as the third string Nickel, but Doeren said after the UVA game that he had been serving as Boykin’s backup at Strong Safety that week in practice. Both went out of the game due to injuries.
- This weeks depth chart reflects the fact that he’d been getting run at Strong Safety last week. He’s listed as Bishop Fitzgerald’s backup at SS.
- Last week Rakeim Ashford was listed as the backup at Strong Safety, and now he is listed as the backup at Free Safety.
NC State’s Kevin Concepcion Earns Week 4 ACC Rookie of the Week Honors
NC State True Freshman Kevin Concepcion earned Week 4 ACC Rookie of the Week honors for his performance against UVA.
ROOKIE – Kevin Concepcion, NC State, WR, Charlotte, N.C.
Concepcion totaled 116 receiving yards on six catches in NC State’s 24-21 road victory over Virginia in the two teams’ ACC opener. The true freshman wideout averaged 19.3 yards per catch and scored two touchdowns, including a 48-yard catch and run. The first true freshman receiver to start the first four games of the season for the Wolfpack since 2014 (Bo Hines), Concepcion has accounted for 27 percent of the Wolfpack’s receptions this season. (TheACC)
NC State is a 3-Point Underdog vs. Louisville
NC State is currently a 3-point underdog heading into their Friday night matchup against Louisville, and the Total is sitting at 55.
- Louisville is 2-2 Against the Spread
- NC State is 0-4 Against the Spread
- The Total has gone Over in 3 of Louisville’s 4 games.
- The Total has gone Under in 3 of NC State’s 4 games.
- The Total has gone Under in 4 of the last 5 games between these two teams.
- The Cardinals have won 6 of the last 10 straight Up against the Wolfpack.
- In those 10 matchups, NC State has beat the Spread 5 times.
- Louisville is 6-1 Straight Up in their last 7 games against ACC opponents.
- NC State is 2-8 Against the Spread against ACC opponents in their last 10 games.
- NC State has been the underdog against Louisville in 3 of the last 5 games.
NC State’s Highest & Lowest Graded Defensive Players vs. UVA
Here’s a look at which NC State Defensive players graded out the best and worst according to ProFootballFocus against UVA last night.
LB Payton Wilson – 83.4
DE Davin Vann – 74.7
S Bishop Fitzgerald – 73.7
DE Savion Jackson – 73.5
LB Caden Fordham – 63.1
DE Noah Potter – 45.7
CB Shyheim Battle – 48.0
LB Jaylon Scott – 55.2
DE Red Hibbler – 56.3
S Cecil Powell – 56.7
- Payton Wilson has now graded out at 80+ for 2 straight games, which he has never done in his career.
- He has been in the Top 5 in 3 of the first 4 games.
- He had the highest run defense grade: 90.4.
- He also had the highest grade in pass rush: 72.8.
- Davin Vann has been in the Top 5 in all 4 games in 2023.
- Bishop Fitzgerald has been in the Top 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- He had the highest grade in pass coverage: 77.5.
- Caden Fordham has been in the Top 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- Noah Potter has been in the Bottom 5 in 3 of the first 4 games.
- It’s his 2nd time posting the worst grade.
- Shyheim Battle has been in the Bottom 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- He did have the highest tackling grade: 81.1.
- Jaylon Scott has been in the Bottom 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- Red Hibbler has been in the Bottom 5 in 2 of the first 4 games.
- Safety Sean Brown had the lowest grader in coverage: 41.9.
- Noah Potter, Davin Vann and CJ Clark had the worst tackling grades: 18.4, 23.1, 26.3.