ESPN Bracketology really doesn’t mean much at this point in the season, but it’s always interesting to follow along, and see what the “experts” think of your resume.
In the most recent version, ESPN Analyst Joe Lunardi has NC State as a 7th seed, facing off against Indiana (a 10 seed).
Lunardi has 7 ACC making the cut. NC State, Virginia, Clemson, UNC, Pitt, Miami, and Duke. Obviously, UNC and Duke are getting boosted a bit thanks to their name, because Wake Forest is being left off of this list, and they are 6-2 in the conference (tied for 2nd place) and have beaten both Duke and Clemson. Acutally, Wake is even being placed below Virginia Tech, who they have listed at the 2nd 4 out.
There is so much season left to be played, so these predictions are basically meaningless, but it’s good to see that Keatts has the Wolfpack within striking distance at this point in the season.
NC State Ranked 38th in the NET Rankings After FSU Win
NC State’s Men’s Basketball team ranks 38th in the NET Rankings, moving up 2 spots after beating FSU by 28 points last night.
The Wolfpack currently ranks 3rd in the ACC in the NET Rankings, trailing only UVA and Duke.
NC State has another Quad 4 game this Saturday at home, hosting Georgia Tech at 1pm on ACC Network.
Notes on NC State’s Best Start Under Kevin Keatts, and the Wolfpack’s Best Start in Nearly 20 Years
Last night, NC State improved to 18-5 overall and 8-4 in the ACC after defeating FSU 94-66 in PNC Arena. The Wolfpack are off to their best start under Kevin Keatts. Here are a few notes on last night, and the historic start for Kevin Keatts.
- NC State snapped a 5-game losing streak to FSU.
- This was the largest margin of victory (28 points) ever against the Seminoles, surpassing 25-point victories in 2001 and 1955.
- This is NC State’s best record through 23 games (18-5) since 2005-06 (19-4).
- This is the Wolfpack’s best ACC record through 12 games (8-4) since 2005-06 (8-4).
- This is the first time NC State has scored 90+ points in an ACC game since December 7th, 2019 against Wake Forest (91-82).
- Terquavion Smith scored 32 points, which was 1 point away from tying his career high of 33, which he scored against Coppin State in December.
- The Wolfpack have won 7 of their last 8 games.
- This is the best start Kevin Keatts has had at NC State through the first 23 games.
- They started 16-7 his first two seasons.
- This is also the Wolfpack’s best start in ACC play under Kevin Keatts through 12 games (8-4).
- His best start prior to this year was 6-6.
- NC State went 6-1 in January, which was the best record in the month of January since 1988-89 when the Wolfpack went 8-1.
- The Wolfpack entered February with 17 wins, which is the most wins entering the month in program history.
NC State 94 FSU 66: ACCDN Highlight Reel & Condensed Game
NC State 94 FSU 66: BOX SCORE
NC State improved to 18-5 overall, and 8-4 in the ACC after defeating Florida State 94-66 tonight in PNC Arena. Below is the Box Score.