A few days ago we let you know that the NCAA had issued UNC their response to the allegations of academic fraud. The University refused to make that response public because of privacy concerns. Today, WNCN reports that UNC has released the letter.
The letter instructed key members of the University to attend a meeting in Nashville for two days, starting on August 16th. Here is who they asked to be present:
- Lissa Broome, faculty athletics representative
- Bubba Cunningham, director of athletics
- Larry Fedora, head football coach
- Sylvia Hatchell, head women’s basketball coach
- Vince Ille, senior associate director of athletics/compliance
- Marielle vanGelder, compliance officer
- Roy Williams, head men’s basketball coach
Many believed that UNC football and basketball might just get a slap on the wrist with the women’s basketball team taking the brunt of any penalty issued. That might still be the case, however forcing Roy Williams and Larry Fedora to attend might hint otherwise.
We will keep a very close eye on this and update you with anything we learn.
What’s your take?