NC State head coach Dave Doeren met with the media today for his weekly press conference. If you feel like watching thr whole thing, you can do so here, but for those of you that would prefer the cliff notes, here it is in bulleted for.
- Proud of the guys for getting a win at BC. They were averaging 35 points a game. Held them to 14. Wasn’t pretty…but
- 4 4th down stops
- 2 takeaways (one in red zone)
- Blocked a punt that led to 3 points
- Offense struggles to finish drives. Did well on third down against a team who is good at 3rd down D. Best we’ve done on third in awhile.
- Played against a challenging offense. Unique system. Basically played goal line defense for 50 plays.
- Jaylen Samuels and Nyheim Hines both had explosive plays that put us over top.
- Came our fairly healthy. Know more tomorrow. Trainer Justin Smith felt good about everyone on Sunday.
- Thought PK Kyle Bambard would have confidence in 2nd half, but didn’t. Can’t go find someone else. Hope he can put it through. Have to get more TD’s in the red zone, and not put him out there unless we have to.
- Don’t know if the cold impacted Finley more than he’ll ever admit. He was off. Just have to get back in a rhythm and let him play. Don’t think he’s distracted by Mock Drafts. Give the kid a break. He’s human.
- Happy for Chubb. Gonna have to get a patch with his name and put it in someone’s jersey. To watch him earn the respect of teammates & country. Awesome. Wasn’t a 5-Star Guy, but made himself into one.
- Gave up a long run play. Linebackers lined up wrong. Huxtable and I were angry.
- Averaging 35 points per game. 3 straight weeks over that average. 2nd in ACC in scoring and best in red zone offense. 625 yards against Louisville. 587 against Notre Dame. 734 against Syracuse.
- QB John Wolford playing really well. Competitive. 20 TD’s & 3 interceptions. Leads ACC in passing efficiency. Runs the ball well. Been injured in past. Healthy now.
- WR Scotty Washington is averaging 17 yards per catch. Slot Reciver Tabari Hines has her State in the past. Doing the same things.
- TE Cam Serigne has played all 4 years. Has 8 red zone TD’s.
- Like us. Played a lot of players that were young that now are veterans.
- Do a lot systematically that creates one-on-one situations tackling and in coverage.
- Offense has a lot of tricks. Strong challenge.
- Defense takes ball away. +5 in Turnover Margin.
- Duke Ejefor is disruptive. 2nd in ACC in TFL’s behind Chubb.
- Last ACC Road game for Seniors.
- Have played well against them the past 2 years. Have had explosive plays. Gotten off to good Starts. Executed well. Prevented them from having explosive plays for scores.
- We haven’t played well there historically. Want to erase way things used to be.
- Best Wake team Doeren has faced.
- Excited ro olay Back-to-Back in-State Games.
- Weve lost three games. Two to top 5 teams and one to a good SEC team. Teams ahead of us have losses to unranked teams. Don’t think they look at that with us for whatever reason. Our strength of schedule is real. We deserve some credit if we win out, and we will see where that puts us. Have to win out first.