Stephen Wiseman, of the News & Observer, ran a piece today laying out the different bonuses that NC State head coach Kevin Keatts could receive depending on the Wolfpack’s success in their upcoming postseason play.
He points out that if NC State makes the NCAA Tournament (which they should), Keatts will automatically pick-up a 1-year extension and a $110,000 bonus.
Here are the other postseason bonuses laid out in Keatts contract:
▪ If N.C. State plays in the First Four in Dayton next Tuesday and Wednesday, Keatts would earn a $10,000 bonus.
▪ $25,000 if the Wolfpack plays in the first round (round of 64).
▪ $50,000 for making the second round.
▪ $100,000 for a Sweet 16 appearance.
▪ $150,000 for the elite eight.
▪ $200,000 for the Final Four.
▪ $250,000 for making the national title game.
▪ $400,000 for winning the NCAA championship.
These bonuses are not cumulative. That means a trip to the Sweet 16 is worth $100,000, not $100,000 plus the First Four, first round and second round bonuses. (N&O)