– Proud of his team and fought through a lot this season. COVID, losing two starting upperclass guards and then losing Beverly in this game.
– Played in the NIT to get this young guys experience and that is what they got.
– Colorado State just made plays down the stretch.
– Loves everybody in the locker room for their fight. Every day, every guy competed. This team always played hard, no matter what was going on.
– Without Beverly, Colorado State made adjustments. They sunk down and let them shoot. Just did not make shots. Wanted to get it to Funderburk, but they fronted him, dropped guys down and made it hard. Guys forced it in and it ended in turnovers.
– Hellems was an option to take that 3. The other option was a dump down to Funderburk. Hellems has made big plays all season, so the shot was ok.
– It wasn’t about the week off. It was about making shots. Rams packed it in and made it a low scoring affair. They just made the plays.
– Roddy and Stevens were top of the scouting report. Did a good job on them, but they made tough shots. They are a good basketball team.
– Happy for the opportunities his freshmen had. Couldn’t ask for more. Usually one freshman gets PT, but this year 3 guys did. THey have matured but they need to learn more and build on it.
– You want to teach from a win, but sadly they will teach from a loss now. Guys see what they need to work on. They have to get bigger and stronger. They have to improve their shots and become better ball handlers. Best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.
– COVID sucked. Kids went through more than people realize. No hanging with friends, no being kids. No going to parties or movies. It was tough. Family members got sick, etc. The kids dealt with so much in every program. They didn’t get to play in front of 20k fans. They didn’t get to go on the road nad have people yelling at them.
– Toughest year to coach in his career. Nothing was normal. Did a good job of protecting the bubble for the most part and keeping kids healthy.