The outbreak of Covid-19 resulted in Spring sports being cut short. As a result, the NCAA has officially voted to “allow schools to provide spring-sport student-athletes an additional season of competition and an extension of their period of eligibility.” (NCAA)
In a nutshell, here’s what this looks like:
- Financial Aid rules will be adjusted for teams to have more players on scholarship, due to incoming Freshmen, and players that decide to stay.
- School’s will have the ability to use the NCAA’s Student Assistance Fund to help pay for students who use the additional eligibility.
- 5-year clock (4 seasons in a 5 year period) receives a 1-year extension.
- Increased the roster limit in Baseball to accommodate.
- While players are given another year of eligibility, they aren’t guaranteed a roster spot. They could have to use it at another school.
NC State Spring Sports
Men’s & Women’s Golf
Men’s & Women’s Tennis
Outdoor Track & Field