Date: Saturday, April 10
TV: ACC Network
Radio: Wolfpack Sports Network
The spring game is this Saturday and NC State Football has put out their annual spring game preview page. It’s full of great information and we advise reading through it for a thorough primer for the game and the coming season. Check it out in full here:
— NC State Football (@PackFootball) April 9, 2021
If you don’t have the time, here are some of the highlights…
– NC State is bringing back 80% of their total production in every category except passing yards. All of the RBs and WRs are back this year.
– WR Emeka Emezie, DE Daniel Joseph, WR Eric Collins and OT Tyrone Riley are all back despite playing their senior years last season. Due to COVID they were given an extra year of eligibility and they are taking advantage of that.
– LB Payton Wilson is back and despite undergoing surgery earlier this year, he is expected back at full health. That is huge for NC State as Wilson has been a statistical monster during his time with the Pack. Check out the full preview for a rundown of those stats.
– Leary is back under center. After suffering a season-ending injury last season, Leary seems to be 100% heading into the season. He was elite last season while he was on the field, completing 60% of his passes and had a 148.33 efficiency rating, traling only Philip Rivers in NC State history.
– CB Derrek Pitts and S Cyrus Fagan have transferred in for the season.
– NC State is expecting big things from Ickey Eckwonu, who one ACC defensive coach called “the most feared offensive lineman in the ACC’
– WR Emeka Emezie, RBs Zonovan Knight and Ricky Person have missed spring drills for the offense, while on defense, LBs Drake Thomas and Payton Wilson and DE Terrell Dawkins are out. We’ll have to see if any of them are suiting up tomorrow, but as of now it’s unlikely we’ll see these guys.
Check out the preview linked above for a FULL rundown.