Below is a breakdown of how many snaps each NC State player played at each position last week against Syracuse in the Wolfpack’s 16-10 victory over the Orange.
Junior Louis Acceus (S) – 69
Redshirt Sophomore Isaiah Moore (S) – 69 (season high)
Redshirt Freshman Payton Wilson – 31
Redshirt Junior Brock Miller (S) – 29
Freshman Drake Thomas – 8
Redshirt Freshman C.J. Hart – 8
- Brock Miller has started every game at “Buck” Linebacker, but for the second straight week (and 3rd time all season), Payton Wilson has played more snaps.
Redshirt Junior Cary Angeline – 43 (season high)
Redshirt Junior Dylan Parham (S) – 22
- After Dylan Autenrieth went down with a season ending injury, Cary Angeline started the next game against Ball State, but Dylan Parham has started the past two games. Despite that, Angeline has played more snaps than Parham in each of those contests.
Sophomore Tyler Baker-Williams – 41
Redshirt Senior Stephen Griffin (S) – 36
- Stephen Griffin has started all but one game at Nickel this year, but Tyler Baker-Williams has played more snaps in each of the past three games.
Redshirt Freshman Devin Carter (S) – 54
Junior Emeka Emezie – 44
Redshirt Sophomore Thayer Thomas (S) – 44
Graduate Redshirt Senior Tabari Hines (S) – 41 (season high)
Freshman Keyon Lesane – 13 (season high)
Redshirt Sophomore Max Fisher – 4
- For the first time all season, Emeka Emezie didn’t start, with Tabari Hines starting in his place, but Emezie still ended up with more snaps. Hines basically shared roughly the same snap count as Carter, Thomas and Emezie, the normal starters against the Orange.
Redshirt Sophomore Bryson Speas (S) – 59 (season high)
Freshman Ikem Ekwonu (S) – 44
Graduate Redshirt Senior Emanuel McGirt – 29
Redshirt Freshman Derrick Eason – 1
- Bryson Speas started his first career game against Syracuse. Emanuel McGirt had started every game prior to last Thursday, and was listed as the starter at Right Tackle on the Depth Chart ahead of Speas, but Speas got the nod. Speas has served as the 6th lineman all season, but finally broke through last week, taking full advantage of a shaken up offensive line due to the injury to Justin Witt.
- True Freshman Ikem Ekwonu also started the first game of his career against the Orange.
Junior Joshua Fedd-Jackson (S) – 66
Redshirt Junior Joe Sculthorpe (S) – 66
Sophomore De’Von Graves – 54 (season high)
Graduate Redshirt Senior Jarius Morehead (S) – 24
- I don’t recall Jarius Morehead being hurt at all this year, but he has shared more of the workload with De’Von Graves than expected. Morehead is a captain, leads the team with the most career starts, and was a Preseason All-ACC selection by Athlon. As expected, Morehead has started every game this year, but for the third time this season, Graves played more snaps than Morehead last week, and their snap count on the year is nearly even.
Graduate Redshirt Senior James Smith-Williams (S) – 46
Graduate Redshirt Senior Deonte Holden – 20
Redshirt Sophomore Xavier Lyas – 18 (season high)
Redshirt Sophomore Ibrahim Kante – 15
Freshman Savion Jackson – 12
- With the 3-3-5 scheme NC State is utilizing on defense, and the way Larrell Murchison gets moved all around in those three spots, traditional defensive ends aren’t getting as much playing time as they would have in the 4-2-5. As you can see above, James Smith-Williams was the only Defensive End to start against Syracuse.
Freshman Zonovan Knight – 30
Freshman Jordan Houston (S) – 26 (season high)
Redshirt Freshman Trent Pennix – 9
- For the second straight week, Jordan Houston got the start at Running Back, even though Zonovan Knight was ahead of him on the depth chart. Knight still finish with more snaps than Houston.
- Ricky Person was out due to injury, and isn’t on the depth chart once again this week, after suffering a leg injury against FSU.
Sophomore Tanner Ingle (S) – 78
Senior Kishawn Miller (S) – 77 (season high)
Sophomore Teshaun Smith – 47 (season high)
Junior Chris Ingram (S) – 34
Redshirt Freshman Malik Dunlap – 13 (season high)
- Nick McCloud has now missed 5 straight games after going down in the season opener.
- Kishawn Miller has now started 3 games in a row in McCloud’s place.
- Chris Ingram was hurt against Syracuse, giving Teshaun Smith the chance to play the most he has played all year. Ingram’s status is still unknown for Saturday at BC.
Sophomore Alim McNeil (S) – 45 (season high)
Redshirt Junior Val Martin – 18
- Val Martin was the starter through the first quarter of the season, but Alim McNeil has started the past two games.
Redshirt Sophomore Bailey Hockman (S) – 59
Redshirt Freshman Devin Leary – 7 (season high)
- Bailey Hockman started his first career game against Syracuse.
Redshirt Senior Larrell Murchison (S) – 64 (season high)
Redshirt Sophomore Grant Gibson (S) – 66
Players Receiving their First Collegiate Snaps
Freshmen Cornerback Syheim Battle, Defensive Tackle Joshua Harris, Defensive Tackle C.J. Clark, and Defensive End Terrell Dawkins both played their first snaps of the season on Special Teams against the Orange.
Did Not Play/Injured
- Redshirt Junior Captain Tight End Dylan Autenrieth, Redshirt Junior Wide Receiver C.J. Riley, Graduate Redshirt Senior Offensive Tackle Tyrone Riley, and Redshirt Freshman Taiyon Palmer are out for the year due to injury.
- Sophomore Running Back Ricky Person, Redshirt Junior Offensive Tackle Justin Witt, Freshman Wide Receiver Cecil Powell, Senior Cornerback Nick McCloud, and Junior Cornerback Chris Ingram all missed the game against the Orange due to injury. Person, Witt, and McCloud aren’t on the Depth Chart once again this week.
- Redshirt Freshman Defensive End Joseph Boletepeli was listed as DNP against Syracuse.