NCAA.com’s Andy Katz released his Top-25 College Basketball players heading into the 2019-20 Men’s Basketball seasons, and NC State Senior Point Guard earned Honorable Mention status. Out of the 15 players receiving Honorable Mention, there is no indication of ranking order. With that being said, it is clear that Katz thinks that Johnson is one of the Top-40 players in College Basketball.
25. Isaiah Stewart, Fr., C, Washington
24. Andrew Nembhard, So., G, Florida
23. Ashton Hagans, So., G, Kentucky
22. Ayo Dosunmu, So., G, Illinois
21. Killian Tillie, Sr., F, Gonzaga
20. Xavier Tillman, Jr., F, Michigan State
19. Trevion Williams, So., F, Purdue
18. Jalen Smith, So., F, Maryland
17. Tristan Clark, Jr., F, Baylor
16. Sam Merrill, Sr., G, Utah State
15. Kaleb Wesson, Jr., C, Ohio State
14. Udoka Azubuike, Sr., C, Kansas
13. Jarron Cumberland, Sr., G, Cincinnati
12. Devon Dotson, So., G, Kansas
11. Anthony Edwards, Fr., G, Georgia
10. Lamar Stevens, Sr., F, Penn State
9. Anthony Cowan Jr., Sr., Maryland
8. Tre Jones, So., G, Duke
7. Kerry Blackshear Jr., Sr., Florida
6. Jordan Nwora, Jr., F, Louisville
5. Cole Anthony, Fr., G, North Carolina
4. James Wiseman, Fr., C, Memphis
3. Myles Powell, Sr., G, Seton Hall
2. Markus Howard, Sr., G, Marquette
1. Cassius Winston, Sr., G, Michigan State
Honorable mention: McKinley Wright IV, Jr., G, Colorado; Yoeli Childs, Sr., F, BYU; Kamar Baldwin, Sr., G, Butler; Anthony Lamb, Sr., F, Vermont; Nathan Knight, Sr., C, William & Mary; Zavier Simpson, Sr., G, Michigan; Markell Johnson, Sr., G, NC State; Nico Mannion, Fr., G, Arizona; Davide Moretti, Jr., G, Texas Tech; Jordan Ford, Sr., G, Saint Mary’s; Tres Tinkle, Sr., F, Oregon State; Payton Pritchard, Sr., G, Oregon; Mamadi Diakite, Jr., Virginia; Xavier Sneed, Sr., Kansas State; Joe Wieskamp, Iowa.NCAA
Clemson 81 NC State 70: OUR TAKE
NC State Head Coach Kevin Keatts said that his team didn’t “play great” against Clemson this afternoon, in their 81-70 loss to the Tigers.
That was an understatement.
Sometimes I wish a coach would come out and say the truth
The Wolfpack played terrible down in South Carolina.
Clemson outshot NC State in every category.
Clemson – 46.9/32.1/83.9
NC State – 44.1/23.8/68.4
The Tigers out rebounded the Wolfpack by 4. They had more second chance points (+2) and more points off turnovers (+6).
Clemson shot 12 more free throws.
They shared the ball better, netting 5 more assists.
The stats weren’t in their favor to walk away with the victory, but maybe what was most disappointing was the overall lack of effort.
Senior Markell Johnson still hasn’t figured out how to play consistent basketball, in production or effort, and we are half way through year 4.
The coaches ability to adjust has to be called into question after today’s performance. Clemson abused the Wolfpack with backdoor cuts and slipping screens for 40 straight minutes. Also, I’m all for aggressive defense, but failing to put the hand in the face of wide open three-point shooters is inexcusable.
NC State was without Redshirt Senior Guard C.J. Bryce, who leads the team in scoring and rebounding. Obviously, his presence was missed, and the game could have been different with him on the court.
This loss doesn’t ruin a season, and obviously the team can rebound from it, but the deja vu of losses like these become exhausting.
Clemson 81 NC State 70: ACCDN HIGHLIGHT REEL & CONDENSED GAME
NC State fell to 10-4 today, losing to Clemson 81-70 on the road. The ACC Digital Network’s Highlight Reel and Condensed Game is below.
Clemson 81 NC State 70: BOX SCORE
NC State is a 2-Point Favorite at Clemson
NC State Men’s Basketball team will hit the road today, playing at Clemson today at Noon, and the Wolfpack will hit the court as 2-point favorites. The Total is currently 136.5.
The Wolfpack is 7-5-1 Against the Spread on the year, and Clemson is 7-6. NC State is 10-2 as the favorite, and Clemson is 1-3 as the Underdog. The Wolfpack are 3-0 Against the Spread on the road, and the Tigers are 5-4 Against the Spread at home.
For both teams, the Total has gone Under in 7 of their 13 games.
- North Carolina State are 4-1-1 Against The Spread in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of North Carolina State’s last 6 games.
- North Carolina State are 7-0 Against The Spread in their last 7 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of North Carolina State’s last 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of North Carolina State’s last 5 games played in January.
- Clemson are 1-5 Against The Spread in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Clemson’s last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Clemson’s last 6 games against North Carolina State.
- Clemson are 1-4 Against The Spread in their last 5 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Clemson’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference.
- Clemson are 5-1 Against The Spread in their last 6 games played on a Saturday. (OddShark)