However, if you’ve been taking a look at this year’s roster on GoPack.com, you’ll notice he’s missing.
So what’s the deal?
Well, we asked around and the word we got back is that it’s looking like Traore may be held up until the Spring semester. We were not given a reason, but early on there was talk about some paperwork needing to get done before he could join. Is that paperwork holding things up? We asked if there was any concern that he’d be ineligible and we were told its not likely.
So at this point, it’s we can assume that Traore will be on the roster later in the season. However, with a kid like this, that needed a lot of seasoning before he was going to be game ready, it could mean that we don’t see much meaninful action from the big man this season.
As we noted many times, Keatts is coaching for his job and we don’t think there is going to be much emphasis on grooming guys that aren’t quite ready. Every game is going to have a ‘must-win’ feel to it. That said, barring something unforseen, you might want to temper expectations of Traore at this point.
** Note: The school has not confirmed that Traore will miss the fall semester, so I guess there’s a chance he gets added, however no sources we spoke to were confident in that happening.
Blessed 🎂❤️❤️❤️ pic.twitter.com/PtoSeeAFOw
— Mady Traoré (@madytraore08) June 8, 2022
— Ballers Bridge (@BallersBridge) August 12, 2022
NC State Ranked 38th in the NET Rankings After FSU Win
NC State’s Men’s Basketball team ranks 38th in the NET Rankings, moving up 2 spots after beating FSU by 28 points last night.
The Wolfpack currently ranks 3rd in the ACC in the NET Rankings, trailing only UVA and Duke.
NC State has another Quad 4 game this Saturday at home, hosting Georgia Tech at 1pm on ACC Network.
Notes on NC State’s Best Start Under Kevin Keatts, and the Wolfpack’s Best Start in Nearly 20 Years
Last night, NC State improved to 18-5 overall and 8-4 in the ACC after defeating FSU 94-66 in PNC Arena. The Wolfpack are off to their best start under Kevin Keatts. Here are a few notes on last night, and the historic start for Kevin Keatts.
- NC State snapped a 5-game losing streak to FSU.
- This was the largest margin of victory (28 points) ever against the Seminoles, surpassing 25-point victories in 2001 and 1955.
- This is NC State’s best record through 23 games (18-5) since 2005-06 (19-4).
- This is the Wolfpack’s best ACC record through 12 games (8-4) since 2005-06 (8-4).
- This is the first time NC State has scored 90+ points in an ACC game since December 7th, 2019 against Wake Forest (91-82).
- Terquavion Smith scored 32 points, which was 1 point away from tying his career high of 33, which he scored against Coppin State in December.
- The Wolfpack have won 7 of their last 8 games.
- This is the best start Kevin Keatts has had at NC State through the first 23 games.
- They started 16-7 his first two seasons.
- This is also the Wolfpack’s best start in ACC play under Kevin Keatts through 12 games (8-4).
- His best start prior to this year was 6-6.
- NC State went 6-1 in January, which was the best record in the month of January since 1988-89 when the Wolfpack went 8-1.
- The Wolfpack entered February with 17 wins, which is the most wins entering the month in program history.
NC State 94 FSU 66: ACCDN Highlight Reel & Condensed Game
NC State 94 FSU 66: BOX SCORE
NC State improved to 18-5 overall, and 8-4 in the ACC after defeating Florida State 94-66 tonight in PNC Arena. Below is the Box Score.