Connect with us

NC State Basketball

247 Sports is predicting that Former 5-Star MJ Rice, from Kansas, will head to NC State

Published

on

MJ Rice, a former 5-star who was heavily considering NC State prior to his Kansas commitment, was on campus this past weekend.

Today, 247 Sports, updated their Crystal Ball prediction to show Rice likely heading to NC State.

The 6’5 swing forward would be a great get for Kevin Keatts, who likes to play small ball at times. Kansas used Rice at the 4 from time to time, and with his physicality and athleticism, he could do the same for NC State. However, it’s likely Rice will see most of his time split between the 2, 3 and 4 positions, giving him a lot of opportunity to get minutes.

Rice didn’t do much for Kansas in his freshman season, averaging 2 points and 1 rebound, but he only played 7.5 minutes per game and never really got going. He did score 19 against Texas Southern early in the season for Kansas.

We’ll have to wait for an official announcement, but 247’s Crystal Ball predictions don’t usually get updated unless there is solid intel.

17 Comments
Notify of
17 Comments
newest
oldest most Upvoted
Inline Feedbacks
Rev
Rev
1 year ago

To wolfpack74 and Papajohn…… I have no idea if we will lose anyone to the portal but, I see Rice as a great addition and possibly insurance in case Morsell goes pro. I don’t remember the NCAA being very kind to the Pack, so I am doubtful about Dusan getting another year of eligibility. But this has to be the most on paper talent we have ever had.

Afterglow
Afterglow
Reply to  Rev

So good! I somehow thought we landed him or maybe I’m just unable to keep up. I’m greedy! Who’s next?!?

Papajohn
Papajohn

MJ Rice signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dof87
Dof87
Reply to  Papajohn

Awesome! KK is cooking!. Rice was a key ingredient.

wolfpack74
wolfpack74
Reply to  Dof87

Glad I was wrong about Rice. Now what about Bradley?

Dof87
Dof87
Reply to  wolfpack74

This time last year we still hadn’t had any portal commitments and the fanbase was in a panic.

I think Bradley will keep his activity very low key given the stuff that happenned last year, no need to draw attention.. Probably won’t hear anything until he commits somewhere. Still a lot of time to find someone else, and that’s assuming KK will use Dusan’s scholly for another transfer.

wolfpack74
wolfpack74
Reply to  Dof87

Do you think we will have some players now enter the Transfer portal after Rice committed to State. However, three of these commitments have not as of now signed on the dotted line.

Papajohn
Papajohn
Reply to  wolfpack74

Rice is going to play the 4 position, the position our starters Clark and Gantt left wide open. Seems unlikely anyone would transfer out because of that. Ross would be the possibility, but there’s been no rumors of that.
Just guessing, but if we actually do sign a PG, that might trigger a transfer. We’d be getting pretty full at that position.

Dof87
Dof87
Reply to  wolfpack74

You never know how other players will re-assess their situation, but I’m hoping everyone stays. I like all our players and you don’t have to be a starter or play big minutes to help the team win.

I doubt any are suprised that KK is bringing in the best talent he can get.

Last edited 1 year ago by Dof87
wolfpack74
wolfpack74
1 year ago

Maybe premature prediction. Only one local analyst called it for State. Wait to see, but I doubt he comes.

Papajohn
Papajohn
Reply to  wolfpack74

My guess is, HE’S COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

Last edited 1 year ago by Papajohn
Dof87
Dof87
Reply to  Papajohn

classic

Rev
Rev
1 year ago

Back troubles are a bitch. He’s young. Hope he recovers. But if he only play 50% of the time, this guy is a good get.

Afterglow
Afterglow
Reply to  Rev

I too like him quite a bit. He’s well built, as well. I think he can withstand a good deal of pushing around and may even be the one who pushes people out of the way. As for the back problems, yeah, that’s not great but hopefully at his young age, it’s the type of thing he’ll recover from. Plus, in this day and age, our medical science is so advanced that if you have the resources, there are few ailments that can keep you down if under the right regime and guidance.

Papajohn
Papajohn
1 year ago

He had back troubles all last season. Hopefully that is BEHIND HIM. (sorry)

NC State Basketball

NC State Men’s Basketball is Tied for the 20th Most NCAAT Wins Since 2020

Published

on

According to College Basketball Report, NC State’s Men’s Basketball team is tied for the 20th most NCAA Tournament wins since 2020.

Image

Yes, I’m fully aware that all 4 of those wins took place in this years NCAA Tournament, but I don’t care. STATS ARE STATS!

ACC Teams with the Most NCAAT Wins Since 2020

1. Duke – 8
2. UNC – 7
2. Miami – 7
4. NC State – 4
5. Clemson – 3

Continue Reading

NC State Basketball

NC State’s Men’s Basketball Team Produced 2 of the MOST Watched Games of 2023-24, College or Pro

Published

on

The Basketball season is officially over, collegiately and professionally. Looking back at the data of viewers for Men’s & Women’s Basketball, as well as the NBA, the NC State Men’s Basketball team played in two of the Top-10 most watched games of the 2023-24 basketball season.

Image

NC State vs. Duke in the Elite 8 was the 2nd most watched basketball game of the year with 15.1 million viewers, trailing only Iowa vs. South Carolina in the Women’s College National Championship game. The Wolfpack’s game vs. the Boilermakers in the Final 4 ranked 9th, with 11.5 million viewers.

Continue Reading

NC State Basketball

DJ Burns talks keys to recent weight loss during Pre-Draft Workout with Pacers

Published

on

Pack fans have been wondering how after 2 years in Raleigh, DJ Burns finally figured out how to drop weight, and keep it off. He spoke to reporters during his pre-draft workout with the Pacers.

“Playing at the pace we played today. Doing the work we did today. I probably would have left out with a full body cramp a couple months ago.”

“Keep on improving my pace. Adjusting to the level and speed I’m going to have to play at, at all times.”

“Lots of running. Lots of figuring out which foods I can no longer have, which were almost all of them that I liked. So, just finding new ones that I do like that go along with the plan.”

“This is the third (workout), and I actually travel to Milwaukee tomorrow to workout with the Bucks. And then some more stuff being confirmed that I won’t speak on just yet.”

Burns has worked out for the Lakers, Pacers and Hornets up to this point.

Plus more…

Listen to the full interview above.

Continue Reading

NC State Basketball

DJ Horne reads his new children’s book “Why Not Me? Why Not Us?” to Wake County Students

Published

on

DJ Horne was a huge reason NC State overcame the odds to win the ACC Tournament this past season. Now he’s trying to pass on the ‘Why not us!?” psyche to elementary school kids.

Horne was at Jones Dairy Elementary to read his new children’s book “Why not me? Why not us?” to students yesterday.

This is a pretty cool moment for Horne, who attended elementary school in Wake County (Reedy Creek Elementary School). He now gets to go back and tell his story, in hopes of inspiring the next generation.

The book is based loosely on his life growing up, and the adversity he overcame to become a champion.

Pick up the book today at Amazon.

Continue Reading