Doeren took some time Monday to note his teams injuries and status for this coming week. Here is the gist of it:
– JR Freddie Phillips (nickel/safety) has torn Achilles and is out for the season.
– Phillips already underwent surgery and it went well. This will be a redshirt year for him.
– JR Riley Nicholson (LB) got dinged up on opening kick-off. Likely will miss this week. Nicholson was 2nd on the depth chart heading into South Carolina.
– SR Mike Stevens (CB) looked great Sunday. He was running around and backpedaling. He is ahead of schedule.
– Stevens, however, will likely miss this coming week. He is expected to be back for the Furman game. Stevens is expected to resume his duties as the starter at cornerback when he returns.
– JR Dexter Wright (S) tweaked his groin a little bit. He will likely be fine for this coming weekend.