Athlon released their 2019-20 College Basketball preview, and they predict that NC State’s Men’s Basketball team will finish 5th in the ACC this season.
- NC State
- Notre Dame
- Georgia Tech
- Boston College
- Wake Forest
- Virginia Tech
Here’s a rundown of what they had to say about the Wolfpack.
- Returning 6 of top 7 scorers from last year
- Redshirt Junior D.J. Funderburk needs to rebound more consistently, and stay out of foul trouble.
- The version of Senior Markell Johnson that finished the season will be needed for NC State to get back to the NCAA Tournament.
- Needs to be a consistent leader and scorer.
- Junior Braxton Beverly needs to figure out a way to run more hot than cold.
- Consistency from Redshirt Junior Devon Daniels would go a long way.
- Team should be back in the NCAA Tournament.
- With a reloading year for Duke, UVA and UNC, Keatts will get few opportunities like this one.
Pick up your own copy of Athlon’s 2019 College Basketball Preview at your local store.