NC State received a 9 seed in the NCAA Tournament and will take on #8 seeded Seton Hall in the Midwest region. The game will be this Thursday at 4:30pm on TBS. The game is taking place in Witchita, KS.
10-8 (3rd place) in the Big East.
@ Louisville 79-77
vs. Creighton 90-84
vs. Butler 77-70
vs. Texas Tech 89-79
Desi Rodriguez (6’6 guard) – 18ppg, 5 rebounds, 50% FG, 38% 3pt FG
Angel Delgado (6’10 C)- 13ppg, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 60% FG
Miles Powell (6’2 guard) – 15 ppg, 3 assists, 38.5 3pt FG
Khadeen Carrington (6’4 guard) – 15 ppg, 4.5 assists, has scored over 20 points in 4 of past 5 games
Quick Notes on Seton Hall…
- They are your prototypical Big East team. They are big and physical.
- They are a very good offensive rebounding team and they shoot the 3 pretty well.
- Their leading scorer Desi Rodriguez has only played a combined 27 minutes over the teams past 5 games and he missed 3 of those due to an ankle injury. He returned in the Big East tournament but only played 12 minutes, scoring 8 points. His availability is something to watch.
- They play at a tempo just a little slower than the Wolfpack. That mean’s they aren’t a ‘slow you down’ type team
- They struggle to force turnovers on the defensive end (their guards are big, not super quick)
- The Pirates are currently coming in as a 2-point favorite over the Wolfpack
We will have a much more detailed breakdown tomorrow morning. Stay tuned….